learning to learn
Remove work space distractions. Ritualize this process.
- Cleanup your workspace
- Include things e.g. food, snacks, water, which can keep your energy levels up.
- Short breaks to refresh.
- Alarms to prevent you from being distracted by the time.
Habitual deep work.
- Set a specific time during the day to do deep work.
Journalistic deep work.
- Be confident and experienced in deep work.
- Have a set location to do deep work.
The recurring theme is to find ways to make deep work effortless.
- Habitual deep work makes it a routine, removing the friction of decision making.
- Journalistic deep work incentivises you to do deep work, because you understand on a fundamental (emotional) level, the benefits of it.
Construct an environment which deep work is important
- e.g. renting out a hotel room to do critical deep work, the monetary cost makes the work you do important.