Software engineering design principles
Abstraction Information Hiding (IH) Cohesion, how well everything works with each other.
- signs that there’s strong cohesion
- easy to understand what other components are doing, how to interact with them
- easy to name things
- small tests, small classes, small methods
- what is the component responsible for?
- how is the component used by others
- how to impl functionality Coupling
- how one part of a system affects another
- should be intentional.
- SoC separation of concerns
- SRP single responsibility principle
- IS Interface segregation
- DI Dependency Inversion
- LSP Liskov Substitution principle
- sub objects should be able to substitute parent without any issues.
- OCP open close principle
- easy to extend, prevents modification.
- Can change behaviour via interface, without going into internals.
- Design to interface (d2i) Make it easy for people to understand and use your interface. that should be primary concern.
- decomposition, modularization, layering